Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Meanwhile, we'll be in Washington for 6 weeks visiting friends, family, and churches in the area. We're excited to be here and can't wait to see everyone!
The girls, Rebecka and Emma, are doing great and they're excited to be with Grandpa and Grandma. Yesterday afternoon after we arrived, my sister, Sheri and her son Kenneth stopped by for a visit. The girls had lots of fun playing with him.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Things are going pretty smooth. Thanks for your continued prayers.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Thank you for your prayers as we travel. We'll be on the road until Tuesday, November 20 when we arrive in Bremerton at my parents' house.
Another month has passed with fewer activities, but a lot of catching up to do on other things…
First of all we want to INVITE YOU TO A MISSIONS INFORMATION MEETING at Christ Memorial, Poulsbo, Washington on December 1 at 6pm in the West Wing room 272. We will be sharing a number of things about the past couple of years and we can’t wait to see you!!!!
In our last monthly update, we asked you to pray for…
- VIDA Abundante (Abundant LIFE). This is a weekly youth group meeting in our home that we have started up once again after postponing it since July. Attendance has been low due to a lot of work. October is the Watermelon harvest time and there was lots of it. We even had a watermelon eating contest one evening. We want to thank you for your prayers because the students are taking God seriously. From time to time we have student leaders lead the bible study. This past month, Julio led the bible study on Worship. Instead of praying in small groups at the end like normal, we had a corporate worship time of adoration. It was awesome! Some of the youth were touched to tears. It’s great to see God working in their hearts!
- Staff. All of our missionary staff has finally returned from their vacations/visiting time in the states or Canada; Dave and Kathy Elias (Canada), Doug and Jan Taylor (Canada); Pete and Faye Klippenstein (Canada); Jay and Faith TenBrink (Washington State); and Amber Crafton (Virginia). They all made it here safely with only minor miss-haps that God always works out.
- Fall Youth Retreat. This event was cancelled which turned out to be a blessing. We were able to use it to catch up on some things and take care of some important meetings for the next couple of months. Even though things don’t turn out sometimes, it’s these times that encourage me because I can see God’s hand working. He knows what’s best for us; I don’t know how I would have been able to do this and everything else that needs to get done. Praise the Lord!
- Pastor Rafael Gradilla. It is our pleasure to have with us once again Pastor Rafael from Hosanna Assembly in Bellevue, Washington. We will have a weekend evangelistic crusade with him as our guest speaker. Please continue to pray for this event. It’s going to happen this week! (November 9-11)
Please pray for…
- Evangelistic Crusade with Pastor Rafael Gradilla that the Lord would work through him to speak into the lives of many here. This is going to be a huge event for us and we’re all excited about it. (November 9-11)
- Our trip to Washington. We are headed out to Washington next week. On our way we will be seeing friends and family through Arizona, California, and Oregon. Our plan is to arrive for Thanksgiving, stay for six weeks and return the same route we took to get there. Please pray for safety and opportunities do share God’s love with those who need it. We look forward to seeing many of you. (Leave Nov. 11; return early Jan.)
- Missions Information Meeting. YOU ARE ALL INIVTED TO THIS MEETING! We would love to see you all there.
- October LIFE NIGHT. This month, the student leaders will be planning, organizing, and doing everything for the once a month youth event. I’m excited to see the students step up and take ownership. I think they’re going to have a real fun time! (November 24)
- Ricardo and Jose Luis. These two young men who are in YWAM Mazatlán are on their way to the mission field! Ricardo will be going to Chiapas, México and José Luis will be going to Tunisia, Africa. If you would like to support these guys for the next three months, here’s the link about financial information: http://thesilbermans.blogspot.com/2007/06/youth-scholarship-fund.html. Please pray for them that the Lord would protect them, teach them, and show himself to them in a way they have never seen. This is a really neat step for us. It will be the longest anyone from our church plant to go on a longer short-term mission of three months. Please remember to pray for them. Attached are their photos.
Thank you so much for praying. I know you all know that it’s VERY IMPORTANT.
Blessings to you all.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, and Emma Rose
Donate Online to the Silbermans
9403 Tracyton Blvd. NW
Bremerton, WA 98311
Tuxpan, NAY 63201