Last month, we asked for your prayers concerning...
- Youth Staff Retreat Thank you for your prayers! We had a great time together. Our meetings we long, but they were more than beneficial! We were able to determine together why we have a Student Ministry—that helps us all get on the same page for why we do what we do--”Reach Out; Reach In; and Train Up”. Also, we were able to talk about our Strategy, how we’re doing and what we need to change. Then, finally we were able to plan the next few months in general for the activities we’ll be having over the summer. I’m excited for what God has in store and looking forward to see the Youth Staff executes the plans with the Lord’s help.
- Student Leadership Retreat Thank you for your continued prayers this week we’ll be nailing down what kind of details we’ll need to work on this next month in preparation for the Retreat. I’m always excited for this time because it’s a great time of reflection on what’s really important. The first thing we’ll focus on is our own personal relationships with God—without that, we are only hypocrites; we might have a good plan and do things well, but...on our own. (July)
- House We continue to save what we can for the hopes of a second story with a couple of rooms and bathroom. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Jay’s trip to Cangrejo Jay TenBrink took some men up to the mountains to a Cora Indian village to hand out some food to each family. He’s posted about it here.
Salmodiando This was a “Psalm Night” youth event competition; read about it here.
Facebook—if you’re on Facebook, I’d love to get in touch with you!
This month, would you please pray for...
- House We would love your continued prayers and support for this as it will open more doors to have guests stay with us as well as High School Students from out of town. For the past three years, Mily, who will be graduating from High School next month, has stayed with us in the girls’ room. Our girls are growing and it’s getting a little crowded. Please join us in prayer for the Lord’s provision. Thank you to all who have helped us in this area. If you would like to invest in our family, this would be a great way!
- Mazatlán Worship Band This Saturday we’ll be hosting a Worship Band from the Church Amor y Libertad in Mazatlán. We are expecting the Lord to do some great things and move in the hearts of many. Please pray for people to have a meaningful encounter with God. (June 5)
- Dwellings House Build Our church will be building a home for the parents of José Soto (Cheché) who has been part of our Student Leadership for the past couple of years. Since we announced that we were going to build them a home, Cheché’s prayers have been answered and they have been coming to church ever since. Please pray for smooth work, safety, and that the seeds that are being planted in this families hearts would healthily grow. (June 14-18)
- Border Trip We are hoping to make a quick trip to the border (not Taco Bell!) near the end of June. I’m still waiting for my foreign visa to come in in order to go. (June 21--)
- Cofradía High School Graduation Three students who have been solidly involved in youth group for many years are graduating from High School. This is the FIRST generation of graduates ever from the High School in Cofradía which started three years ago. Pray for Mily, Ruben, and Goyo as they endeavor new things in their life. (June 29)
As you give, you are investing in the Kingdom of God. This is an opportunity for you to further His Kingdom, thank you so much! Click here to donate.
I’ve been encouraged a lot lately as I listen to Ravi Zacharias’ radio broadcasts (Just Thinking) on the internet as well as spending some time in Josh McDowell’s The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict. We’re continuing to dig into the Book of Mark as well. What are you reading/listening to?
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico