Greetings from Cofradia, Mexico! “Wow, my medicine is miraculous!” is what the Dr. said. Last month, I shared with you a prayer request for David Medina, Isabel’s husband, who was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. Less than a week after I sent the email, some of you were praying along with people from here. One day, as they were praying for him, there was a popping sound in his abdomen. He immediately felt better and his body has been discharging a “strange” substance since then. He was bedridden. I spent a whole day with him in the hospital last month and he could barely move because of the abdominal pain. Well, he is no longer in pain; he can get up out of the bed by himself; he is just beginning to walk without a walker; Pastor Goyo has been driving him around town in the Nissan pickup as they pray for people. His spirits are high, his color is back, and his legs are getting stronger. The Doctor said, “Wow, my medicine is miraculous!” We say, “Wow, our God is miraculous!”
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to please pray for...
- David Medina. See note above. :)
- Rebecka Thank you for your prayers! Rebecka is out of school for the summer and did very well this year.
- Administrative Tasks. We’re still working towards getting this down.
- Freedom in Christ discipleship course. What a tremendous time! It’s incredible how God has been freeing people from the enemies lies. Click here to see a quick report and testimonies
- Freedom in Christ Retreat. Thank you for covering us with your prayers. During this time, the enemy tries to deceive us into believing the lie that we cannot be free. We already have the victory in Christ and it’s up to us to take on that position. We spent all day at the church as we prayed, repented, renounced, and declared God’s truth about us. WOW!
- Happy Mother’s Day. The mothers really enjoyed their day-retreat together and were able to see God’s hand work in their lives through circumstances that happened during the day. Thank you for remembering them in prayer.
- La Iglesia Hermosa celebrated four years of meeting together. One of the neatest things was that there were more than 10 local pastors and some of their congregation that joined them. Not too often do you see that! :)
- Stateside Trip. Please continue to pray and see note below.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
- David Medina. Please continue to pray for a complete healing. His Urologist is going to go in and remove the remaining substance after a number of tests have been done. Also, pray for strength in Isabel as she runs around trying to make appointments and make ends meat. Thank you!
- Pastors’ Breakfast/Meeting We are meeting with some local pastors who have reached out to us for guidance and spiritual leadership. We will be meeting to talk about our desires for our ministry, our responsibilities as Pastors, and our own vision of Raising up Leaders. (June 2)
- Mazatan and Las Varas. Pastor Luis’ family and ours will be visiting a couple of congregations this weekend in Mazatan and Las Varas, Nayarit. (June 2-3).
- Women’s Ministry Geña and Isabel started visiting some of the women a while back. They have been meeting with the women on Saturday mornings and the Lord is doing something special in them. Women are being healed emotionally and there has been a renewed excitement for Christ. Thank you to those of you who keep them in prayer. Continue to pray as the Lord continues to do some cool things!
- Freedom in Christ Seminar. Another pastor has reached out to us to lead the Discipleship Course of Freedom in Christ in an intensive weekend seminar. The pastor and a couple of his people are interested, but for the most part, his church is not showing as much interest. Pray for our protection as we plan and share this seminar if it is to happen (June 7-9).
- Father’s Day, Congregation Day, and Baptisms. We will have our quarterly celebration service as we invite churches and individuals in the surrounding areas (June 17)
- Stateside Trip. In two weeks we leave for the states. We will be heading north first through Arizona and arriving in Salt Lake City to visit The Well Church who has sent two teams in past couple of years and will be sending another one in November. As we continue, we will visit friends in Twin Falls and the Tri-cities before reaching the Pacific Northwest. Please contact us as time flies while we’re there. We’d love to see you and will be in Washington State all of July. We will return to Cofradia through Oregon and California at the beginning of August.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **ONLINE:
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support. DONATE HERE
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.