Greetings from Washington State! We have arrived at my parents’ house after spending two weeks on the road visiting friends and meeting the team from The Well in Salt Lake City who will be building a house with us for a needy family in Cofradia in November. Our trip started in Cofradia with a special Sunday service where Rebecka was baptized. We made our way north driving through Grand Canyon National Park, Salt Lake, visiting friends in Twin Falls, Kennewick, Goldendale, Yakima, and Auburn. You can read about our adventures and see some pictures here.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to please pray for...
- David Medina. Thank you for your continued prayers for David’s progress. He has been doing well and started attending church again as he has now gained enough strength to walk. Praise the Lord!
- Pastors’ Breakfast/Meeting We had a great time meeting with local pastors. We shared with them our desire to see us all on the same page as we Raise Up Leaders in Rural Mexico in order to extend the Kingdom of God. We are all on the same team and discourage competition amongst pastors.
- Mazatan and Las Varas. Pastor Luis’ family and ours visited these two congregations in order to invest in their ministries. I spoke in Mazatan and Luis spoke in Las Varas. Great time! We also met a new pastor who has been teaming up with Pastor Ruben (who pastors Las Varas and Mazatan). He is leading a group in Compostela, Nayarit.
- Women’s Ministry The women have been consistently meeting on Saturday mornings and have been seeing some really neat things happen in their lives. A spark has been ignited and it’s great to see!
- Freedom in Christ Seminar. The seminar for June 7-9 was postponed until August for when we return.
- Father’s Day, Congregation Day, and Baptisms. We had our quarterly celebration service as a number of churches and individuals in the surrounding areas attended. You can read what happened during the service in our blog post “Traveling Adventures to Washington”.
- Stateside Trip. Thank you for praying. We had an excellent time during the two weeks we spent traveling to Washington. We will be in Washington for the whole month of July and spend two weeks returning to Cofradia via Oregon, California, and Arizona. We’d love to see you!
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates (updated)
- Pastors’ Perspectives (updated): Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
This month, will you please pray for...
- David Medina. Continued strengthening in his body.
- Pastors of La Cofradia United. Please pray for the pastors who we are working with. Pray for growth in their personal relationship with Christ, protection over their families, wisdom as leaders, and financial provision.
- Stateside Trip. We’d love to see you and will be in Washington State all of July. We will return to Cofradia through Oregon and California at the beginning of August. Pray for wisdom, financial provision, and that we will be a blessing to all we come in contact with.
- EL RETO 2018 is here! We have received a few donations throughout the year, so this year our goal is only $1,000! So many students who do not attend church come to this event and it gives us a huge open door to minister into their lives. Click here to read about EL RETO. Become a Sponsor of this event here.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support here.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.