Greetings from Cofradía, Mexico! February was a great month as the TenBrinks from Mt. Vernon visited and the women were able to have a week of sewing and fellowship together. Thank you, Mary TenBrink! We love having visitors. Larry TenBrink also helped Jay with some projects around the base and church. Jay put together some much needed fellowship time with the brothers and sisters from Arrayanes. We had a great time!
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to please pray for...
- Freedom in Christ Conference in Rosamorada. It went really well. A number of people were set free form the lies of the enemy and some wished they had known this information about who they are in Christ years ago. Here is a quick report of our time there.
- Date Night for our married couples was also a really good time with youth and parenting specialist and author Ernesto Ramirez. He also challenged and encouraged the congregation on Sunday, the 17th. We were all blessed.
- Freedom in Christ Grace Course. We have started the six-week Grace Course with nearly 30 people. We anticipate the Lord to move in all of our hearts.
- Church Anniversary. We celebrated 8 years in the new building this past weekend. It has been great to reflect on how God has been faithful over the past 25 plus years in Cofradia. Here is a link to a 40 second video of our time.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Quick Look into our Ministry.
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates
This month, will you please pray for...
- Grace Course. Please continue to pray for those of us leading the sessions and the participants. Pray that we all have open hearts to be receptive to what the Lord would speak to us about during this time. (Every Tuesday through March 26)
- Pastor Ruben from Las Varas, Nayarit, fell from over two stories off of a ladder and crushed his ankle last month. He will be confined to his bed for two more months. Please pray for a quick healing, encouragement, and his wife as she “holds down the fort” at home and at the church.
- Church Truck. Our local pastors are wanting to purchase a new truck for the church. They have sold the Nissan that has served us for so many years, but it was time to let it go and the pastors are ready to buy another truck. I want to help them get a decent vehicle that will benefit their ministry and the church. We have $6,000 available, but with at least another $3,000, their options will expand and be able to get a newer vehicle. Please pray they find one that suits their needs. Will you consider a one-time generous gift. You can donate at this link indicating it for “Cofradia Truck” in the comment section. If you decide to send a check, use the information at the end of this message, but make sure to designate your gift for “Cofradia Truck.”
- Administrative Tasks. Even though I am free of the bookkeeping of the Mexican Civil Association, there are still a number of administrative things to do. Please pray for time to do them and the ability to train more leaders in this area.
- Visitor: Our friend Behzad Mostofi from Poulsbo will be with us for about 10 days. We look forward to having him here and showing him what our ministry entails. (March 7 - 17)
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our PERSONAL SUPPORT at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans for our PERSONAL SUPPORT.