- In order that their hunger for God and reading His Word would grow.
- In order that they would have an anxiousness to share about God and His Word to others.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Coffee Time 0530 (2)
Monday, May 25, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Church Roof Progress
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
What In The World Is Going On?
Monday, May 11, 2009
Mark Chapter One
Friday, May 08, 2009
Oaxaca RETO Video
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Discerning the Truth
DISCERNING THE TRUTH
1 Thessalonians 5:19-21
Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good
If you accept prophetic utterances as valid for today, I would encourage you to test them in the following ways.
First, is the person giving the prophetic utterance living a balanced and righteous lifestyle? You must carefully evaluate the person announcing, "Thus saith the Lord." Also, be on guard for the person who wants to bring a "new thing." If it is true, it's not new. If it is new, it's not true.
Second, is the person committed to building God's kingdom or his own? Is Christ being lifted up or is he?
Third, does the prophetic utterance establish confidence in the Word of God and is it consistent with a balanced presentation of it? Are people going to have a greater dependency on God's revelation or man's inspiration? Are prophetic utterances a substitute for the serious, personal study of God's Word?
Fourth, does the use of the spiritual gift bring unity to the church and build up the body? Be careful in this test because those who hold to a form of godliness but deny its power are not in balance either. They will quench the Spirit through censorship and very little will be accomplished in the church. They can cause disunity as well.
Last, do the spiritual manifestations bypass the mind? God operates through our mind; Satan bypasses it. If a person takes on a medium-like trance, be assured it is occultic. God renews our mind and brings back to our mind all that He has taught us. We are to think so as to have sound judgment.
All of us receive input from a myriad of sources today. With Satan still using false prophets in his battle for your mind, determine to discern the truth God wants you to know to set you free and keep you free.
Lord, I want to be so in tune with your Word that I can discern error and darkness even when it appears as truth and light.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Last month, we asked you to pray for…
- Oaxaca Missions Trip We had a great time! The traveling went really smooth; the Holy Spirit protected us; not only were the hearts of the youth open to the Gospel, but the adults and children as well; our Student Leaders did a phenominal job leading a Sunday Home group, a leadership workshop during the week and the evening outreach called, “EL RETO.” This was our first missions trip as a youth ministry and we all came home with something to ponder on and help us grow spiritually. Thank You for keeping us in your prayers! I have put together a full report here.
- Emma’s third birthday
- a visit from Geña’s family from California
- all four of us getting sick at the same time (we’re better now)
- a Guy’s Campout led by one of our Student Leaders
- Since joining Facebook in March, I have enjoyed keeping in touch with many of you and reconnecting with many other friends. If you’re on Facebook, click on my profile to the right and let me know.
Links to something extra...
José Luís' Newsletter
Tuesday mornings' “Coffee Time 0530”
This month, would you please pray for...
- Mother’s Day...just because we love them!
- A trip to La Cruz, Sinaloa...to visit Pastor Héctor Robles and speak to the congregation. Pray for safety in travel and the ability to connect with the people.
- Church roof construction...Dave Elias will be working all month on covering of the roof with a few guys helping him. Please pray for safety as he will be really high up in the air on top of the scaffolding just underneath the cool 100 degree sun! You can see a report here about the rafters being set in place back in January.
- A Worship Leader...I am praying for someone responsible and dependable to work along side me in the area of Worship.
- Student Ministry...our student ministry is completely awesome! We have some great leaders and will be making a decision soon on whom to invite to join us for the next "round" (July '09-June '10).
See how to donate here
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico