If you receive our emails, we have just sent you an update for January. If you would like to receive our emails, please let us know here.
We wanted to let you all know that we have returned to Cofradía and made it home safely. There was a couple of exciting moments that we needed to work out with our trailer, but everything is fine now.
We are excited to be back! It was a great 2 1/2 months in the States visiting family and friends. We really wanted to see more people, but time didn’t allow it. A few of the many highlights were the snow on Christmas day, our girls getting to spend time with their grandparents, a trip to Leavenworth, Washington as a family, and our friend Fabian taking me up in a little airplane and letting me fly it! Thank you all for your continued prayers for our family and ministry.
While we were gone, the student leaders (Chuy, Martin, Sandra, and Julio) did a great job of keeping the youth ministry alive and active. We have heard many great reports from our staff and youth. We already have a few things on the schedule for the next couple of months that should keep us busy and bring many opportunities for God to be glorified.
Back in November, we asked you to pray for…
* Evangelistic Crusade with Pastor Rafael Gradilla in November. What an excellent time! We had our first service in the new Church and had around 200 people including children. Many people came from the surrounding villages and praise the Lord for my brother-in-law, Hugo, who went forward to receive the Lord as his Savior!
* Our trip to Washington. We had a great time and it was a great blessing to see people.
* November LIFE NIGHT. The student leaders planned and facilitated the whole service and the report was very good. I’m really excited to see that these students are taking things seriously. They’re building confidence in their abilities to lead and building trust with the students.
* Ricardo and Jose Luis. These two youth were at a DTS in Mazatlán for 3 months, then went on their 3 month mission; Ricardo went to Chiapas, Mexico, and Jose Luis went to Tunasia, Africa. I have not talked with either of them about their trips, but I do know they’re back in Mazatlán and will be returning to Cofradía in about three weeks. Thanks for your prayers for them!
Now we ask you to please pray for…
* Ricardo and Jose Luis. That as they prepare to return to Cofradía, they would be searching for clear direction for their future.
* Student Leadership Conference. Pastors Brad Pembleton and Dave Chavez from Houston, Texas will be coming down for our third annual Student Leadership Conference with the youth. Please pray for safe travel for them and open hearts for the youth (February 14-17).
* February LIFE NIGHT. I will be sharing with the youth some thoughts I’ve learned from the book of Jonah about Jonah (February 23).
Thank you so much for your prayers!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, and Emma Silberman