Last month, we asked you to pray for…
- Mother’s Day...just because we love them! We served a breakfast for the Mothers in the congregation that 37 women came to and they drank 80 (EIGHTY)-yes, EIGHT ZERO...cups of coffee! We’re going to need a Starbucks in Cofradía soon!! The report was that they all enjoyed themselves and the women’s ministry is doing really well!!
- A trip to La Cruz, Sinaloa...to visit Pastor Héctor Robles and speak to the congregation. We had safe travels and a great time. I preached on Saturday night in San Ignacio (a sister church of La Cruz), Dave preached Sunday morning in La Cruz, and Pastor Gollo preached there on Sunday night. We really enjoyed ourselves and thank God for the relationship we have with our brothers there. Some of you may remember that I spent a year in La Cruz with Hector to help him get started in that Church. It is very fulfilling to see that the vision we had for the church has been being realized more and more. Ten years ago when I was there, we had our sights on a big abandoned movie theatre for the future sight of the church which was then only about 20 people. The Sunday we visited, Hector and some of his leaders met with the owner of the building who wants to sell it! They need around $170,000 usdollars to buy it. I was brought to tears as we walked into the place and almost couldn’t believe it was true that our vision was that close. We called it “20/20 VISION”. For Healthiness and the place where we wanted to see the church in 2020. We’re half way there and the only thing they need is to buy the place and renovate it, and move in. WOW!! God is good!
- Church roof construction...Dave Elias is amazing! He has done a great job finishing up the Church Roof Project. They completed in about one-half the time expected. I uploaded a couple of pictures and a short 12 second video here.
- A Worship Leader...I am still praying for someone responsible and dependable to work along side me in the area of Worship.
- Student Ministry...we are really excited for the next round of leaders we get to train up in our Awesome Student Ministry. We have invited 11 students and all of them have accepted the invitation to join us on our Student Leadership Retreat. It will be a three day retreat on July 13, 14, and 15. Thank you for your continued prayers for this ministry!
Other things that have happened this past month were
- Lots of home school! We have been working hard doing two classes a day to finish before the short-term mission teams show up. Rebecka is doing very well!
Vacationing in Mexico? We would love to see you as Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara are all 3 to 4 hours from here. If you are coming to any of those locations, let us know!! We would love to have you come and visit us in Cofradía and experience the “Real Mexico”!!
Links to something extra...
Tuesday mornings' “Coffee Time 0530”.
Facebook; if you’re on Facebook, I’d love to get in touch with you!
This month, would you please pray for...
- Short-term Missions...Canyon Hills Church from Washington will be joining us in ministry for 10 days doing general evangelism as well as working on the new church building. (June 20-29)
- Men’s Conference...some men of our congregation will be going to a weekend Men’s Conference...the first time they’ve done something like this. Pray for open hearts and a willingness to hear God’s voice. (June 26-28)
- Student Ministry...we are planning for our three-day retreat with our leaders. Please pray for the Lord’s direction as we lead people to lead people. For me, this is the most exciting part about this ministry. We need $1000 usdollars for this retreat. Thank you for helping us. Will you commit to a donation of $50 to $100 dollars? Please let me know and I will give you information on how to make specific donations for the retreat. (July 13-15).
Thank you very much for your prayers and continued support.
See how to partner with us and donate here.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Post a Comment