Last month, we asked you to pray for…
- Visit to Washington We have been visiting a lot of people, churches, and even Rebecka’s classroom. The first couple of weeks we took some time to go camping and had a birthday party for Rebecka. Last week was Rebecka’s first week of school as she will be attending 2nd grade at Christ The King Academy in Poulsbo until we leave in late October. The great thing about that is that it’s the same curriculum we use for home school! We are staying at my parents’ house and enjoying our time with them. Rebecka and Emma both will be taking swimming lessons starting next week. You can see some of the things we’ve been doing—even our camping trips right here on our blog.
- RETO planning The RETO is in it’s third week and everything is going pretty smooth. The youth leaders and staff are doing a really good job. You can see reports of the first two weeks at Amber’s blog..
Links to something extra...
Facebook—if you’re on Facebook, I’d love to get in touch with you!.
Baptisms in Cofradía—four of our youth and our sister-in-law were baptized last Sunday. See the report and pictures at Amber’s blog here.
This month, would you please pray for...
- EL RETO Everyone is doing well. We have 8 teams and each team has a captain learning about life and leadership. The Student Leaders in charge are getting a taste of planning and executing events. Thank you for praying for the Lord’s guidance in their decision making and how they can apply the things all the students are learning to every day life as each circumstance points to Christ.
- Speaking We have been and will be speaking a lot. We give thanks that every weekend we’re going to be able to share what God is doing in Mexico. You can see an itinerary here:
- Rebecka’s schooling She is really good about making friends, but we pray that her experience is positive as she is exposed to the American system. She has a great class and so far is doing very well.
- Finances for House We would like to raise money for adding a couple of bedrooms and a bathroom on our house (upstairs). We will not start this until we have $10,000 saved so we can advance quickly. Total cost including some landscaping issues shouldn’t be more than $30,000 usdollars. We have visitors come to our house and we’d love to have a bedroom for them (where we are right now), and the girls’ room will be an extra room will be office space for Geña. We also have a student from another town living with us during the week so she can attend High School in Cofradía. If you can help with this, please do.
See how to partner with us and donate here.