I’m not sure how to describe the discouraging thoughts or the questions in my mind relating to what’s next. We could use your prayers and financial help so we can get back to Cofradia.
All I can say is...Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good. His Love endures forever!
We were unable to get a temporary vehicle permit to take our truck back to Mexico for two reasons we learned today:
- An American who is a Permanent Resident of Mexico (Steve) CANNOT take an American vehicle to Mexico. They need to buy a vehicle in Mexico or legalize the American vehicle (make it Mexican).
- A Mexican-born citizen who is a US Resident or Citizen (Geña) can take an American vehicle into Mexico for 6 months per 12. We have already had the truck in Mexico for 6 months which means we have to wait until September to take it back there.
Again...Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good. His Love endures forever!
OUR CURRENT ISSUE is that we have a number of things we need to take back to Cofradía. Here are the scenarios for us to get back there...
- Someone to take us there from the US – this is the most inexpensive and probably the most fun for everyone. A little inconvenient for the taker.
- Someone to come get us from Cofradia – this is a little more expensive and could turn into a logistical headache. Really inconvenient for the come getter.
- Buy and legalize a 15 passenger van – something we’ve been talking about doing anyway.
Getting another van for the ministry makes the most sense. I’ve been pricing 15 passenger vans online here and most decent inexpensive vans run from $5,000 to $7,000 US Dollars. There are a couple under $3,000. However, they are usually without seats or have over 200,000 miles on them.
Help us get back to Cofradia. Donations for a van can be made here: https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift2?giftid=A9377C7C35C8450
Please let me know if you’re able to send a gift.
Thank you in advance,
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good. His Love endures forever!