I recently sent out a petition for a phone. Thank you, we should be receiving one in the mail at Geña’s sister’s house soon.
We are grateful for your partnering with us to invest in the Kingdom of God together as we Raise up Leaders in Rural Mexico!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Cofradia Bible School: Things are going well with the school and everyone is excited about learning. Click here for more information and to see the 15 students. If you feel led to help one of them financially, just click on their name below their picture.
- Cofradia High School: The construction of the High School is going well. We are helping the town build themselves a building in order for the students to meet in their own place. Pray for the funds to come in as the government has opted to not help. Read an updated report here.
- Conference with the Taylors: Former Cofradía Missionaries, Doug and Jan Taylor, were with us February 14 – 16 as the special speakers during a Date Night for the couples and a general church conference. There were 59 couples from 5 different churches at the romantic Date Night! Read here for the report.
- Church Building Anniversary: We celebrated God’s faithfulness in our ministry after 3 years of being in the new building. It was a great time to reflect on how God has blessed us through His faithfulness to us.
- Trip to the States: We’re still here. It has been great spending time so far with the Harrisons, Geña’s family, Templo Calvario, and Summit Bible College. We hope to be back in Cofradía next week.
- Short-Term Missions Team: Our final team has returned home after helping in some much needed areas at the base and church as well as some community projects in town and in the indigenous villages, including pouring a floor for the Cofradia High School.
- Last month’s update
- Pastors’ Perspective Read letters from our Cofradia Pastors
- Recommended Book Father, Son, and the Other One by Jeff Kennedy talks about how today’s church tends to forget that the Holy Spirit is active and working in our lives. Click here to read a little more about this inspiring book.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more about what our mission is about. Click on this link to check it out.
- Our Return to Mexico. We hope to be back in Cofradía next week. If we are unable to take our truck back, we’ll have to 1) get a second vehicle and leave our truck in CA, or 2) have someone pick us up at the border to take us down due to things we need to take back and leave our truck in CA. Please pray that this issue with the new law gets resolved.
- MINI-RETO event for the Youth Ministry on March 15. We are expecting over a hundred students for a one-day RETO similar to what we do in September with churches from all over. Pray for the students to be blessed as they get exposed to God’s Word and have fun doing it.
- The TenBrink Family as they return to Washington in April. Pray that they will have success in teaching locals what they do so it will be a smooth transition. Another missionary couple for our ministry would be great!
Click here to donate to our personal support.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR SUPPORT. Another way to donate is by sending a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia