Last month, we asked for your prayers concerning...
- Cy-Fair Christian Church Women’s Team Our ladies had a very special time with the Women from Houston. More women turned out this year than in years past as they studied the book of Ruth and finished the week with a Drama of the Ruth Story. There was well over 300 people at the service held in the new Church facilities. Here are some pictures and a quick report.
- A trip to the Mountains. Missionary Jay TenBrink and his family took some friends and 6 students up to the mountains, specifically Cangrejo near La Mesa del Nayar, to hand out boxes from Operation Christmas Child. Everyone said they had a great time; doors are open for continued ministry with the Cora Indians, the people were very friendly and the children were very grateful. Thank you for your prayers! Jay mentioned he was going to report on their time there; I’ll send you a link when it becomes available.
- Student Leadership Conference. Please continue to pray this weekend as Youth Pastors Dave and Mike from Cy-Fair come to lead a conference with our youth and help prepare for the team of youth they will bring in March.
- Worship Ministry. We have been blessed with a few students who enjoy worshipping. Luis, Riky, and Mily are three students who have taken big steps in leading. Thank you for your continued prayers.
Are you going to be visiting in Mexico? If you have plans to come to either Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta, or Guadalajara, let us know. We are within 4 hours of all three of those cities with Mazatlán being the closest (3 hours). We’d love to show you around Cofradía so you can get a taste of this Mexican countryside!
Follow these links for more..
Juan Accepts Christ
Operation Christmas Child in Cofradía
Two More Accept Christ
Latest Hardcopy Newsletter
Facebook—if you’re on Facebook, I’d love to get in touch with you!
This month, would you please pray for...
- Student Leadership Conference. Each year the youth pastors of Cy-Fair come to lead a conference with our youth and help prepare for the team of youth they will bring in March. We look forward to this time to hear from Pastors Mike and Dave. (Feb. 4-8)
- Weddings in Cofradía. In the link above you will see that we are excited to announce that 14 couples will be getting married on February 14th in Cofradía! This is a huge event that Geña has taken the lead in coordinating and we expect that the church will be packed. Each couple has their minimal responsibilities (many don’t have money), and the church will be providing the food (a cow), tables, cake, plates, etc. Click on the link for more information on what this is about, who the couples are, and how you can be involved. At this point, we have received $1000 in donations and are asking for $1000 more...and please keep this event as well as the couples in your prayers this month. THANK YOU!! (Feb. 14)
- House Build. There will be a team coming down from the US for a week to build a house for one of the couples in the church who do not own a home. Please keep Dave Elias in your prayers as he prepares for the team, Luis Vazquez as he will be leading the build from our end. (Feb. 13-20)
- Worship Ministry. Please pray for a continued maturity in our worship band. I have poured my life into the student ministry and things are going very well. I would like to focus more attention to the band and help the leaders gain confidence and learn to depend on the Lord for leading. I met with one of my helpers who has led worship in other places and he is anxious to serve. Please continue to pray for strong worship leaders. My goal is to have others leading quality true worship. (2010)
Thank you very much for your prayers and continued support.
See how to partner with us and donate here
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico