Last month, we asked for your prayers concerning:
- Parents’ Visit: It was an extremely huge blessing to have my parents with us for Christmas and New Years. That time of year is the best time in Cofradía; the weather is nice and it’s so fun to be able to visit people and spend time with them around bonfires and barbecues. We were a little more busy this year than in years past, but we were still able to spend some quality time together as a family. There’s lots more to read and see on our blog post of their time here.
- Youth Activities: The youth ministry is doing really well under the supervision of Pastor Luis. The annual Christmas party went really well and a number of un-churched students participated in the Winter Sports Tournament that is designed to be a door of opportunity to share with them the love of Christ which was done successfully.
- Upper Room Project: We have been working hard on getting the roof done before the rains. Just this Monday, the cement trucks came and poured the roof. There are a few more details to be taken care of in order to finish and seal the roof. Windows are going to be a high priority for us as it would be very easy for someone to hop through one and invite themselves in the house. Click here for more updated pictures and comments..
- Follow up of New Believers: We have been working hard to develop structure for the local church that will enable them to make follow-up natural for them. Thank you for keeping this in your prayers.
- Ministry Transition: Things are going very well. Please keep praying as this has become one of the main focuses of the Mission Base and Church. It is a very exciting time and in much need of your continued faithful prayers.
Links to other news:
- Short Term Mission Teams in January. We had two teams in January, a women’s team that came to work specifically with the women’s ministry and a men’s team who came to put pavers in our church’s courtyard. They are regular teams that come down and they did an excellent job, again. Here is a little more info.
- Church Courtyard Pavers. A report about Short-term Missions team, His Place Church, helping us by setting pavers in the church’s courtyard. Click here to see the new improvements.
This Month’s requests:
- Administration. I would appreciate your prayers this next month as I will be dealing with a number of administrative tasks with our family, the mission base, and the church. I ask the Lord for a clear mind, encouragement, strength, and wisdom to complete these tasks.
- Homeschool. This is an area that I really struggle with for the mental energy and patience it requires. Please pray that time, patience, wisdom, and willingness to learn would all be plentiful as I meet with Emma in the mornings and Rebecka in the afternoons.
- Marriage and Family Conference. Former Alternative Missions Cofradía Missionaries, Doug and Jan Taylor, will be with us to meet with our church leaders (2/16) and the congregation (2/17 – 2/19) as they speak in this conference.
- Inauguration Anniversary. We will be celebrating one year in our new building on Sunday, February 26, with a special service and meal.
- New Baby. We are excited to announce that Rebecka and Emma will be sisters of a new baby in August! Please pray for Geña during the pregnancy and keep this in your prayers over the next upcoming months.
Thank you very much for partnering with us through your prayers and financial support.
Click here to donate to our personal support.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia