Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Children’s Ministry Evangelization Tour was a thrilling time for the children as they shared bible stories, played games, did crafts, sang songs, and performed an impressive rendition of the Lifehouse Everything human video seven times in 6 different towns. Way to go 4th –6th graders! Here’s a quick report and video of their time.
- Discipleship Group Last year four of us started Greg Ogden’s Discipleship Manual and continued with other men as the book suggests. This has been very, very helpful to all 15 men who have participated. Many of the groups formed from our original group are finishing up. Thank you for your prayers as the men's ministry continues to be strengthened. Click here to read a little more.
- Evangelism in Las Pilas Our church body spent the evening in Las Pilas, a town just west of Cofradia, sharing songs, messages, testimonies, dramas, and praying for the people. It is always an inspiring time as the people there are very open to receive from God. Here is a quick video report of our time there.
- Emma’s 7th Birthday April 10 was Emma’s birthday and she had a great time with her friends playing games, hitting the piñata and eating tamales and cake.
- AM Cofradia Staff Max Diaz has moved back to Guadalajara to be with his children. He is getting settled in and doing well. Thank you so much for your prayers over his life, we look forward to receiving him back here soon.
- EL RETO LA CRUZ will begin on May 4 (see more under this months’ requests).
Links to other news:
- Rebecka’s Bible Study Group Rebecka gathered some of her friends and started a Bible study group all by herself.
- A Recent Uploaded Video of the Women’s Ministry
- Operation Christmas Child
- Upper Room Project The floor has been tiled and the bathroom is completely done. The stairway, doors, and furnishings are left.
- April Newsletter Some who do not have email get a newsletter sent to them. This was the latest.
- ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS COFRADIA VIDEO UPDATE Sunday Church Services, Children’s Sunday School, and Youth Group.
- ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS COFRADIA MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES See where you can fit in.
This month, will you please pray for...
- EL RETO LA CRUZ will begin on May 4. Pray for travel safety as some of us will be attending and helping Cosecha Final La Cruz get started. They will be carbon-copying our 2012 event: “The Danger Zone.” Pray for a successful 6 week outreach, they already have 90 students signed up!
- Mother’s Day is coming up and we’ll be serving a free breakfast to all the mothers who come. Please pray that the Lord uses this as an avenue of ministry for the women of the church (May 10).
- Ruben Garzon will be getting married on May 18. He has grown up in the church and has been very, very active in the youth group and leadership. His bride to be is from the nearby city of Tuxpan, Nayarit and attends a Christian church there. Pray for guidance and wisdom for them both.
- Trip to States We’ll be heading to Washington soon and on the way are praying for opportunities to share God’s love anyway and anywhere we can. Our plan is to head to California first to visit Geña’s family and her neice’s newborn, then possibly stretch over to Manitoba, Canada to see the Taylors and Eliases, visiting friends and historical sights along the way. Then, head back through Montana, Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington before arriving at my Parents house in Silverdale. It will be a long trip, especially with an 8 month old. We would love to see you if you live in Arizona, California, northern Nevada, Salt Lake City area, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington. I’ve already contacted some of you and hope to hear from others soon. This is a “once in a lifetime” trip for us and we’d like to take advantage of this window of opportunity as it will be very exciting trip for all of us, especially Rebecka and Emma as we have plans to see the “Little House on the Prairie” sites in South Dakota and Walnut Grove, Minnesota. Thank you for your prayers. (May 21 – Aug).
Thank you very much for partnering with us through your prayers and financial support.
Click here to donate to our personal support.
Another way to donate is by sending a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 5835 / Goodyear, AZ 85338. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia