More importantly, it is a special time to remember what God has done for us as he gave us his son as an extraordinary gift in order to allow us to have hope and new beginnings. It seems only fitting that the New Year falls right after Christmas after we’ve been reminded and celebrate what He’s done for us. A New Beginning, a New Life, a New Year! Our prayer is that you will remember and celebrate with us the hope we all have in Christ!
December was quite busy as we prepared for the teams to come down and build homes, build relationships, and invest in the Kingdom of God together with us as we Raise up Leaders in Rural Mexico!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Men’s Study: On December 14th, we kicked off our new Men’s Study called, Wisdom for Fathers. There are 16 men walking through this devotional/group/bible study. This is the first organized Bible study we’ve done lately with the men all together. It’s exciting to hear them talk about how much the study has helped them already. Thank you for your continued prayers.
- House Build Preparations: We poured two floors and have purchased most everything we need for the three homes. The first home is for a family in Santa Fe who has 9 children and a small hut made of planks that doesn’t fight off the water when it rains. The week of New Year’s, we had a team here to build them a home and provide for them a water tank, connection to the water-line in the street, connection to electricity, a bathroom, and furniture (beds, mattresses, bedding, chairs, table, cots). It was a huge blessing for the family. Read more here and view the pictures of the process.
- Various activities and visitors: we continue to have visitors here. Tom and Linnea Hackett (founders of Alternative Missions) have been with us for the house builds. Dave and Kathy Elias and their son Jonathan were here during Christmas. Kathy is still here helping with the women’s team we have from Texas this week. It is great to see them all again and get re-acquainted.
- Last month’s update
- The Cofradia Dwellings House Preparation Process
- Women’s Ministry Team
- The Next two House Builds
- Cofradia House Build: We have a team from Washington coming down to build a home for former AM Missionary staff member, Isabel, from January 11 – 18.
- Arrayanes House Build: We have a team from Washington coming down to build a home for a young family whose mother has suffered a broken spine in a car accident and has been unable to walk since.
Click here to donate to our personal support.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR SUPPORT. Another way to donate is by sending a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia