Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
Thank you for your prayers for our family and ministry as we walk through challenges and victories. We really appreciate your participation.
In our last update, asked you to pray for...
- Church Anniversary. Thank you for your prayers throughout the years for this church and the continued growth in Dischipleship and Leadership. Close to 200 people came out to celebrate with us...(read more here).
- Bible School Students. The Winter Quarter is over, the exams are graded, and we’ve had some great conversation about the classes...especially the counseling class!
- EL RETO Mission: Las Varas. Pastor Luis and I along with four students (including our daughter Rebecka) went to a church in Las Varas, Nayarit and shared with them how to work with youth. We did a mini-RETO on the Saturday and I shared about leadership from Nehemiah at church on Sunday morning. We enjoyed ourselves and so did they. There were 22 students who came not knowing what to expect. They all had lots of fun and we were able to share the gospel with them; most of them do not go to church. Click here for a short report and quick video.
- Music Ministry (Worship). Please pray for the continued growth in the locals as we develop this ministry.
- Bookkeeping. I’m almost finished with getting everything caught up; I made good progress this month. Thank you for your prayers!
- The Mission in Cofradia. We appreciate your continued prayers for the change that will occur this year.
- Mexican Civil Association. We have an official name for the Civil Association! “La Cofradia United International” will be our official name as we continue to carry out the Lord’s work in this town of Cofradia and the surrounding areas. “Cofradia” is literally translated as “Confraternity”. A Confraternity (brotherhood/sisterhood) is a group of people who set out for a purpose, usually religious or charitable. It fits really nicely with what we do here. We are still working on legal paperwork for the Association to be birthed.
- Student Ministry Awards Night: Four students received awards for their enthusiasm, service, leadership, and dedication. Click here to read the report and see photos (see what family member is amongst the winners!).
- Last month’s update
- Pastor’s Perspectives: Read reports from three of our Pastors.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
- Bible School. Prayer for the students as they continue to move forward in their relationship with God. Prayer for me as I lead and facilitate the classes. The two classes that we have this Spring Quarter are: Systematic Theology II and The Power of Vision.
- Music Ministry (Worship). Please continue pray for the ongoing growth in the locals as we develop this ministry.
- The Mission in Cofradia. Thank you for your continued prayer for wisdom, discernment, and patience. Pray that the Lord would guide us to the right people to talk with concerning these changes.
- Mexican Civil Association. Pray for a smooth start-up to the official organization. As I mentioned, we still have some paperwork to do, but we’re excited about getting the name authorized.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia
--- PLEASE JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---
ONLINE. Click here to donate to our personal support.
BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS. Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Post a Comment