GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Rosamorada Outreach: This three-day outreach was held in the public town square. Each night there was worship music, a message, and prayer. There were testimonies of how God touched lives and many by-standards stopped to listen. I have touched on this in a brief report with pictures here.
- Emma’s Birthday: We had a really fun day at the beach as we celebrated Emma’s birthday. Due to Holy Week, there were a lot of people, but the waves were still the same...and we caught some! We have lots of pictures here.
- 49th Anniversary: Congratulations to Mom and Dad who celebrated their 49th anniversary on April 12!
- Pastors’ Retreat: Please continue to lift this up in prayer as we have set the dates for May 12 and 13. We found an excellent location for a very low price! We will focus on teamwork and the needs in our ministries. We are really excited about the opportunity to invest in the pastors from Rosamorada, Las Varas, and Compostela, Nayarit, as they have requested our help in guiding them and we look forward to what we can learn from them as well.
- Our Family: Thank you for your continued prayers.
- Last Month’s Update
- Lain & Kelly Grant’s Update
- (UPDATED) Cofradía Dwellings Candidates
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail. Click on this link to check it out.
- Pastors’ Retreat: Pray for guidance as we plan; open hearts as we teach; and a humble spirit as we learn.
- Las Pilas Church: For a number of years, one of the members of the Cofradía church has been visiting Las Pilas (the town right before you get to Cofradía from the Interstate). She, Secundina, has adequately discipled one of the locals, Francisca (the wife of Mario the Taco guy), who in turn has been leading bible studies for a couple of years now. About seven people in town came to her asking her to teach them and lead them. With the help of Secundina and occasional visits by Pastor Goyo, their meetings have been consistent and they have been growing spiritually. They currently meet on Thursdays home-group style and will continue to do so, but we’re also praying about a more communal place for them to meet which would include property and a building like we have at the mission base. Please pray with us for their continued growth and direction for the future of the Las Pilas Church.
- Arrayanes Church: As many of you know we have church property and a building in Arrayanes where we gathered on Sunday evenings a number of years ago. We eventually started to meet all together in Cofradía on Sundays and held home bible studies in Arrayanes during the week. Activity in Arrayanes has gradually decreased and is almost non-existent. The building is no longer being used and the property looks abandoned. Some of the Arrayanes congregation continues to meet with us in Cofradía on Sundays, but many do not come or have quit coming. We would like to see something happen during the week to give the opportunity of meeting together for those who do not come or cannot attend. Pastor Goyo met with them last Friday night to talk to them about starting something up again. We are praying that the Lord would begin to move once again in this town. The enemy has taken ground and we want it back. To give you a better picture, read all of Nehemiah 2 and give attention to verses 17 and 18. After praying about this for some time, it has really been on our hearts to “rebuild” in Arrayanes. Pastor Goyo will meet again with them on May 19.
- Our Family: Please continue to pray for our family. Pray for the Lord’s wisdom, clear communication amongst each other and with others, a considerate and loving heart to hurting people, God’s guidance in leadership, and whatever else the Lord lays on your heart.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.