We are praying for all of our friends in Houston as you recover from Hurricane Harvey.
A big thank you to all who have responded to us saying you’ve been praying for us. That means so much! We are so grateful for all of you and appreciate your generosity and help.
We are doing better and looking into ways to make our house more secure for the future as well as the mission base which was also broken into.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
In our last update, we asked you to please pray for...
- Wisdom, Protection, the Theif, and Cofradia in General Thank you!
- The Restoration Center in Rosamorada. Thank you for continuing to lift this up in prayer.
- EL RETO 2017 has begun! The first two weeks are behind us as the students talked about their identity as a team and relate it to who we are in Christ in the first week and did The Walk in the second week. You can check out some pictures and video at our Facebook page.
- Rebecka is doing excellent at school and has the travelling thing down now. She turned 15 on August 13 and we had a nice small get-together with family and friends.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Lain & Kelly Grant’s Latest Update
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Wisdom as we continue to deal with the break-in.
- EL RETO 2017 please keep praying for this. On each Saturday of September, we’ll have a number of students who don’t know Jesus get to hear about Him.
- The Restoration Center. Please pray for Amado and his team to continue to make progress.
- Dwellings Build #13 in Cofradia. Things are moving right along as the Romero Carrillo family is receiving a house. This was sponsored by our friends, the Sluys, and is being built by the locals.
- Dwellings Build #14. We are also beginning the prep work for our next build with our friends from The Well in Salt Lake City. They will be joining us to build a house for Pastor Abimael and is family who live in Tuxpan the first week of November.
- La Cofradia United International is the name of our Civil Association. Please pray for me to have wisdom as we work out some financial details with our accountant.
- Summit Bible College Nayarit Extension. Please pray for me to have wisdom as there are loads of administrative things to take care of.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Post a Comment