We have laid out a plan to get this vision underway. The first phase is “LADRICU” which is “Ladrillos Cofradia United” (Cofradia United Bricks). LADRICU is a brickworks business. These bricks are made of adobe which are the most common bricks used in these parts for building all kinds of structures.
To commence the work, it requires $2,000 USD of seed money that will have long-term positive outcomes which include:
- Immediate work for four men that will support them and their families.
- Investing back into the community as the rented land belongs to the town.
- Supporting the church who will receive a small portion of the revenue as a tithe.
- LADRICU will be self-sustaining in 4 weeks.
- Most importantly, it will create more jobs as the revenue from LADRICU will help seed small business initiatives such as a market center with small shops to generate an economy that will encourage economic justice and stability within Cofradia.
The $2,000 USD seed will help meet our needs as we seek to become self-sufficient:
- One month rent (estimated $40)
- Land Prep (estimated $80)
- Tools: molds, picks, shovels, wheelbarrows, etc. (estimated $380)
- One month of labor for four individuals (estimated $1,500)
To the right is the land we will rent. It is close to Cofradia’s man-made lake and will have water access year-round. The ground is prime for brick-making and only needs to be cleared to start the process.
Your generous donation will have immediate and long-term implications on the economy of Cofradia. This is the beginning of a lasting project that will help strengthen families, the church, and the community.
Make checks out to ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS indicating that it is for “Cofradia Bricks” and send your donation to: ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS / PO BOX 3107 / FERNDALE, WA 98248.
OR - You can safely donate online directly to “Cofradia Operations” making an annotation for “bricks”.