I am very thankful for you all who kept us in your prayers which was, and still is, very needed. A big thank you to Pastor Brad Pembleton from Houston as well with whom I kept in contact for accountability and guidance.
Although I set goals with high aspirations, I did hear from the Lord as I focused on the primary goal of “listening” to Him. He spoke to me as I read and studied the Epistle to the Hebrews and read 30 Days to Experiencing Spiritual Breakthrough by Dr. Bruce Wilkinson. I kept a journal and wrote down “Beckons” when I felt the Lord speaking to me. After taking time to review my notes and journal entries, the main message to me was:
“Keep your eyes focused on the finish line with the big picture in mind. Do not get tangled up in the details; trust in the Lord for He is watching over you. Focus on the most important things: Seek God, Love your wife, and Honor your kids.”
We experienced the Lord’s faithfulness through many ways: Your generosity (we have been fully funded through your pledges until we return full-time next summer—THANK YOU!!), Provision for a rental (through people we know and within our church family—and only one mile from my parents’ place), Provision for the girls’ schooling (This was a huge one for me as the Lord blessed us beyond what we could have imagined! All three girls are attending Crosspoint Academy in Bremerton and the Lord is answering our prayers, even ones we didn’t think of!--the school teachers and staff have been extremely hospitable and helpful making our time a huge blessing!).
Geña and I are headed to Cofradia to host a Short-term Missions team from Utah who will be building a home for someone next week. We will return on November 10. I have not had a chance to return emails as I said I would in October. If you emailed me during August and September, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Before we disconnected, we asked you to please pray for...
- The Pastors and Leaders in Cofradia as they continue to grow and take ownership of the ministry. I have spoken with them and have received excellent reports that things are going well and the Lord is using them to minister to those in need. The administrator I left in charge is doing an excellent job as well.
- Our family over the past couple of months as we Listened to the Lord during our rest, study, and family time. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!
- School Registration for the girls (Rebecka-12th grade; Emma-8th grade; Mackenzie-2nd grade). Please pray the Lord will guide us to the right school for all three of them. HE DID IN A BIG WAY!!
- Martin as he house-sits for us during our time in Washington. We are grateful for him and cannot think of someone we trust more. Martin had a couple struggles with the electricity as it was out for three weeks in August, but things were resolved and we look forward to visit with him more.
Here are some links to more:
- Our last Update: Click here to view our update sent out the day before we disconnected.
- Pastors’ Perspectives (NEW): Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates (NEW): We have added 7 new families to our waiting list. Let us know if you would like to put together a team or help a team that is signed up.
- New Donation Links: We have revised the links for specific donations to our ministry. Click here to get those links.
- Quick Look into our Ministry
For the next few weeks, will you please pray for...
- Short Term Missions Team in Cofradia. The Well from Salt Lake City will be building a house for the Solis-Huizar family the first week of November. Please pray for safety and a fun experience for everyone as we give this “unmerited” gift as an evangelistic tool. (November 2 – 9)
- Steve and Geña as we fly down on Wednesday to host the team. We are excited to see everyone and reconnect. However, we will be very busy. (October 30 – November 10).
- Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie as they stay with my parents. Pray they don’t miss a beat with school and have a wonderful time with their grandparents.
- The Grandparents as they run the girls to and fro while we are gone. Pray for strength and peace.
- The Ministry in Cofradia Please continue to pray for the ministry in Cofradia as a whole. Pray for fortified leadership skills, growing confidence, and disciplined direction. They are doing great!!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie SilbermanMissionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our PERSONAL SUPPORT at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans for our PERSONAL SUPPORT.