We have had some exciting news this month as the Lord continues to help this ministry move forward.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to please pray for...
- Furlough Preparation: We continually thank God for His provision through those of you who have responded to our request of 30 people to give $100 a month for 13 months (July 2019 to July 2020). We are down to only five more people to make that commitment so we can reach our budget goal. We also have a lead on a rental house that is within that budget. We continue to trust in the Lord for His guidance and peace if this is the house He has for us.
- Administrative Assistant. Goyito is doing a great job.
- Leadership Training School Project: Pastor Goyo and Pastor Luis continue to teach the Pastors and Leaders on Tuesday nights using John Maxwell’s book The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day. People are hungry and absorbing these studies.
- Establishing Employment Projects: We have purchased land and are working on some test bricks for the brickworks business; you can see a video of that process at the very site we bought and a business plan style document explaining what we want to accomplish with this and how will we do it here.
- Restoration Center. Praise the Lord that the paperwork has come through and the government has approved “Lighthouse of Hope Restoration Center” as a legitimate Drug Rehabilitation Center in Nayarit, Mexico!!! We are excited for Pastor Amado and his team as they will no longer have to send people in need away, but can now officially and legally help them.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates (NEW): We have added 7 new families to our waiting list. Let us know if you would like to put together a team or help a team that is signed up.
- New Donation Links: We have revised the links for specific donations to our ministry. Click here to get those links.
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Quick Look into our Ministry
This month, will you please pray for...
- Continued Safe Travels on our way to Washington.
- A place to rent that suits our family for one year.
- School Registration for the girls (Rebecka-12th grade; Emma-8th grade; Mackenzie-2nd grade).
- Martin as he house-sits for us during our time in Washington. We are grateful for him and cannot think of someone we trust more.
- Employment Projects in Cofradía as Pastor Luis is working on getting things started. $1,400 is the amount we need to put up provisional fencing and make our first 10,000 bricks. Contact me if you would like to help get this ministry started. Click here for more information.
- Restoration Center. As we praise the Lord for the big step that has been taken in making this Center legitimate, we still are raising funds for the land we want to build on. The total need we have is $9,000. There are matching funds of $2,500. That means your donation will be doubled up to $5,000! We will be able to purchase the land, pay the taxes, and put us in a position to start building. Some of you have already given towards this and we are so grateful! If you have not had that opportunity yet, please consider what you can do. Here is a link to make a safe online tax-deductible donation. If you would like more information on this, please email me.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie SilbermanMissionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our PERSONAL SUPPORT at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans for our PERSONAL SUPPORT.