GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Religious Association Status. We are still waiting for the government to respond and finalize our paperwork; the financial need is still at hand.
- Bible School. Thank you to those who have responded to the tuition sponsorship request as we are down to only one person in need of finances before graduation. The classes we have this quarter are excellent. Jay TenBrink is teaching a Missions class and doing a phenomenal job and we are learning a lot from John Maxwell’s The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day in the other class.
- Drug Rehab Center: According to the town commissioners, there is no more land available to give away and they are unable to help Pastor Amado. This means that he will have to purchase the land for the drug center. There are a couple of options that have been presented to him. We (Pastor Goyo, Pastor Luis, and I) visited with him a couple weeks ago and looked at the options he had and prayed over them. After talking more with him, it has become aware to me that there is a bigger problem with drugs and prostitution than I was aware of. Everyone he talks to (government officials, town leaders, and the townspeople) has encouraged him to keep moving forward because the need is so great. With Rosamorada being the county seat, it is a prime location.
- Accounting: Thank you for your prayers as little by little we’re getting the hang of things as we continue to ask questions and explore the way other ministries handle certain situations.
- Internet. No word yet. Please continue to pray for a better system to become available to us.
- San Diego. Because of a death in Geña’s extended family, we were unable to visit the group last month. We hope to see them this Month.
- Emma’s Birthday Emma had over 20 kids at her “mini-RETO” birthday party and everyone had a blast! We will have a short video up sometime this month on our blog. Be looking for it or wait for a link to it in the next update.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- EL RETO 2015
- What is EL RETO?
- “Dwellings” candidates in Cofradia: Meet two families that are in need of a home.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Religious Association Status. $2,000 USDollars.
- Bible School. Graduation will be on June 19. All but one student has been able to finish his tuition fees. If you would like to help Angel Martinez, “Niko”, send me a message and I’ll share with you how to do that. He still needs ($340).
- Drug Rehab Center: Please pray for Pastor Amado as he puts together a proposal and seeks financial help from different avenues. He will initially need $15,000 to $20,000 US dollars to purchase a piece of land (6 acres). In the meantime, he is looking into renting a house in town for those who are coming to him. If you would like to help him, please let me know.
- Internet. Continue to pray for a better system to become available to us.
- San Diego. Pray that the Lord would continue to encourage the leaders in that Bible Study and that those who meet together would be impacted by His love and Spirit.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
--- JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support by clicking here.
OPTION B---BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.