Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- EL RETO Training in Sinaloa We had a great time with the pastors and leaders in La Cruz, Sinaloa teaching them how to organize a RETO (Challenge) outreach for the youth in their church and community. Youth Pastors Sergio and Edith were absolute sponges and we spent two full days talking with them about the event. On Saturday evening, we held an orientation for their pastors and leaders and included some RETO activities for them. It was very exciting, here’s the report.
- Men’s Mission trip to Oaxaca In the end, only 4 of the 12 men could go due to the lack of finances. Those four men started their journey last Monday (March 25) and returned to Cofradia Tuesday morning (April 2). Thank you for your prayers during their trip. I have posted an update here.
Links to other news:
- Student Ministry Awards Night The students just held their annual Awards night recognizing four students for their outstanding attitudes in the youth group.
- Recent pics I put some pictures up on our blog starring Mackenzie.
- Upper Room Project We finished the tile to the shower/tub. Soon we hope to get the floor tile finished.
- April Newsletter Some who do not have email get a newsletter sent to them.
- ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS COFRADIA VIDEO UPDATE Sunday Church Services, Children’s Sunday School, and Youth Group.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Children’s Ministry Evangelization Tour Our Children’s Ministry will be traveling to different towns during the week playing games, singing songs, performing dramas, sharing stories, and working on crafts with other children. Pray for boldness, impact, and that the children would grow through this. Here’s their schedule:
- Tuesday, April 2 in Arrayanes
- Wednesday, April 3 in Las Pilas
- Thursday, April 4 in Santa Fe
- Friday, April 5 in Agua Aceda
- Saturday in Cofradia
- Sunday in Church service
- Discipleship Group Last year four of us started Greg Ogden’s discipleship manual, Discipleship Essentials, and continued with other men as the book suggests. This has been very, very helpful to all 15 men who have participated. This week, my group (Pastor Luis, Max, Chuy, and myself), will be finishing up and looking towards opening up more groups. Thank you for your prayers over the men and youth of the church.
- Evangelism in Las Pilas Our church body will be going to the town of Las Pilas for an open-air evangelistic outreach. Pray for openness and that the message would have a lasting effect on the peoples’ lives. (April 10)
- Emma’s 7th Birthday April 10
- AM Cofradia Staff Max Diaz will be temporarily returning to Guadalajara to be with his children. It has been an exciting time with him here. He has helped quite a bit with media and sound, youth ministry, and the church in general. Max is a true servant who is willing to do anything to help people. His enthusiasm will be missed during this time, but his impact will last. Please pray for him as the Lord guides him as a father and leader.
- EL RETO LA CRUZ will begin on May 4.
Thank you very much for partnering with us through your prayers and financial support.
Click here to donate to our personal support.
Another way to donate is by sending a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 5835 / Goodyear, AZ 85338. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Alternative Missions Cofradia
Post a Comment