GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Mazatlan Women’s Conference: The reports from all the women who went were phenomenal. Many of them shared testimonies of how God impacted their lives through the speakers and worship. Thank you for your prayers!
- Drug Rehab Center. A portion of the land has been paid for and we’re waiting for the paperwork to be completed.
- House Build. An excellent time with the Ramos-Garcia family. Just as this house was a gift to be received, so is salvation that comes from God. It was an excellent opportunity to share with the family and offer them an invitation to be part of God’s family. Click here to see photos as we started and finished the project. Thank you to Hosanna Asamblea for sponsoring this House Build.
- Bible College: The students have been off for a while and we are still considering ways to continue as it is very difficult and expensive for people to come out to class from other towns.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradia Dwellings Candidates: Click here to see four families who are in need of a home.
- EL RETO 2016: If you missed any of the reports or are curious about EL RETO, click here to see the latest.
- What is EL RETO?
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail. Click on this link to check it out.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Bible College: Please pray for us as we continue to analyze the direction the school is going. As I mentioned above, it is logistically difficult for many of the potential students. We start our next class on January 10.
- Short-term Mission House Build: Cy-Fair Christian Church will be joining us again this year. They have ministered with a specific focus to youth, women, men, and couples each year for over a decade. This year they will be building a home for Humberto Betancourt and his family. Just recently on his way to work, Humberto was a passenger on a bus that was involved in an accident. He was injured and sent to the hospital, but is home now and doing a lot better. Many other passengers died in the accident. We believe that God had His hand on his life. This happened within a couple of weeks after Cy-Fair chose this family. We look forward to what God will do here. (January 21 – 28)
- Freedom in Christ Seminar: We will be hosting an all-day seminar using Neil Anderson’s material on How to Make Disciples. We look forward to a fruitful time. (January 28)
- Border trip. We need to make a trip to the border to renew our truck permit. As January and February are busy months, there are many ministry and school activities we need to consider as we plan. Pray that we will find a window to do this before February 20.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.