GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD;
HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Drug Rehab Center. We have been in contact with the owner and the initial payment is in process.
- House Build - Dwellings Team. We had a successful build with the Dwellings team that came down to help. It was initially meant to be a training build in order to teach the Cubans how to build these homes in Cuba through the Dwellings ministry there. The Cubans were unable to obtain a visa to enter Mexico so everything was documented and those who were here will go and teach them in March with the possibility of a couple men from here joining them. In the end, the receiving family was very thankful and blessed. They had been living in a small mud hut that his grandparents built years ago. Here is a quick report.
- 16th Anniversary! Geña and I celebrated our 16th anniversary as we took the team back to Mazatlan. We enjoyed the company and were able to sneak out for coffee after dinner and in the morning before breakfast.
- Public School Mini-RETO: We helped Pastor Hector Robles do a two-day mini-RETO in San Ignacio, Sinaloa with a Jr. High school. One of the teachers of the school made this a project to help students who were struggling with their grades. His desire was to try to help them have a different perspective. It was difficult at times to capture and hold their attention, they had no idea what this was. By the end, they all seemed to enjoy themselves. Pastor Paulo Bermudez spoke about Identity and Relationships in his two talks.
- Bible College: Fall classes are finished and the students are working on their final exams.
- Mazatlan Women’s Conference: The women left for the conference yesterday and will be there until tomorrow. Reports are that they all are enjoying themselves!
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradia Dwellings Candidates: Click here to see four families who are in need of a home.
- EL RETO: If you missed any of the reports or are curious about EL RETO, click here to see the latest.
- What is EL RETO?
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail. Click on this link to check it out.
- Mazatlan Women’s Conference: Eleven women from our church are in Mazatlan for a women’s conference this weekend. Pray for the Lord’s anointing on the speakers and open hearts for the women. Also pray that the Lord works on the hearts of the husbands who will be staying home.
- Drug Rehab Center. Please pray for Pastor Amado and his team for protection over him, his family, his staff, and all of those involved. Let me know if you can help make a dent in the financial need he has in order to get this ministry safely on it’s feet.
- House Build. Hosanna Asamblea from Bellevue is sponsoring a house which we will build this month for another family who is in dire need. Please pray for spiritual encounters with the family. (December 26 – 30)
- Bible College: Please pray for us as we continue to analyze the direction the school is going, what classes to offer next year, and how to offer them.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.