Greetings from Cofradía, Mexico! It has been a busy couple of months as we built two homes and hosted a Short-Term Mission team from The Well in Salt Lake City, Utah. We look forward to more builds in the near future, specifically the house for Florentina, a delightful indigenous lady who attends our church; she always has a smile on her face and is a passionate worshipper of the Lord. It will be a pleasure to help her!
Thanksgiving was very special this year as we shared it with our Pastors and Associates. We stayed up for hours intensely playing “Uno” and laughed until our gut hurt. For Pastor Amado and his family, it was the first time they had a Turkey dinner.
|Steve & Geña, Amado & Lourdes, Goyo & Mati, Luis & Mari|
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
In our last update, we asked you to please pray for...
- Dwellings Build #14 Thank you so much for your prayers as we collaborated with The Well from Salt Lake City, Utah, to build a house for the Perez-Garcia family. It was the first house with the new design that a team has participated in and we were a little concerned we would not be able to finish within a week as it is almost double the work. Amazingly, the team along with a few volunteers, got the job done...early! It was a sweat victory and a very emotional house dedication. You can read a short report and see photos here.
- Restoration Center We are still at the same numbers. This is an excellent opportunity to make a year-end donation. Your gift will be matched up to $2,500! We are hoping to be able to get the amount we need for the property as soon as we can in order to take advantage of the Local officials’ promise of helping with the construction. The team is still working on fixing up the temporary rental as it is still not in the best conditions to be used. Click here for more information.
- La Cofradía United International Thank you for your continued prayers. Our accountant has been more available for us lately. :)
- Freedom in Christ Seminar Please continue to pray as we prepare for this seminar on December 15,16.
- 17 YEARS! Our 17 year anniversary was one of the best! Due to a bad experience at a restaurant with our latest team, we decided to take advantage of the small economical car that the Sluys helped us purchase a couple months ago and head to Mazatlan in search of a better restaurant. Everything fell into place as we watched the sunset at the spot where the Lord spoke to my heart about becoming a missionary 29 years ago! It has changed quite a bit as they have expanded the small two-table restaurant into a much bigger place that will seat over 100 people. As soon as it was dark, our table was set in the front to view some fireworks that were lit off by someone on the beach (not really sure of the reason). It was a very special and nice time together.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- What is EL RETO? Our annual, six-saturday, youth outreach.
- Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Women’s Conference Please pray for the four ladies who will be attending a women’s conference in Mazatlan with the Cosecha Final ministry December 8, 9, and 10.
- Freedom in Christ Seminar Please pray for us as we continue the preparations of our Freedom in Christ Seminar on December 15,16. Pray the Holy Spirit guides us and continues to move in the hearts of the people who need this. God will see to it that the one’s He chooses will be able to make it. Pray for Pastor Goyo, Pastor Luis, and myself as we prepare ourselves and the material we will be using.
- Restoration Center Let’s try to get to the final goal by the end of the year. We can do this! There is still the opportunity of matching funds available in the amount of $2,500. That means, your $2,500 is worth $5,000! Then, the only amount needed after that is $6,000. When you consider your year-end non-profit donation this month, please remember that this has been a high-priority need for a long time! Send your online gift here. Or, mail a check to the Ferndale address at the end of this message. Indicate that it is for “Cofradia Restoration”, NOT the Silbermans.
- Lain & Kelly Grant. We are excited for the Grants and the new chapter that is unfolding in their lives. They are currently in New Mexico with Kelly’s mom awaiting the arrival of their TWINS due in January. After the twins are born, they will be moving back to Houston, Texas, to live. Pray for healthy babies, a job for Lain, and a place to live. You can read their latest update here.
- Border Trip. Please pray for safe travels as we head to the border to renew our truck permit on December 26. This year, 2017, has been loaded with burglaries in Cofradia. Our missionary staff here has been hit quite a bit as well as many locals who leave town for a few days or months as they find that their place gets broken into. Drugs are what drive these people (another reason to donate to the Restoration Center!) and the authorities take the bribe instead of taking the thieves to jail. Please pray for a hedge of protection around our house as we will be gone. We are working on some security issues and looking into who might be able to stay here.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support. Click here to contribute to the Silberman's Ministry.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans.