Blessings to all of you for 2010!! 2009 was a good year. We saw our Student Ministry continue to grow in maturity as the Leaders took charge of many different events. One of the neatest things is to see them ministering and reaching out to other students as they lead them in Bible Studies and take one on one time to mentor them. Two major events last year that our student leaders led were;
- A Missions Trip to Oaxaca. This was the first trip that our students went on as a team. They were blessed as they were blessing others in a small town outside of the city of Oaxaca that does not have a Christian church. They were able to minister to about 20 youth during that time. Click here to read more.
- EL RETO (The Challenge) This was a huge step for our leaders. It is the biggest event of the year and they did a great job of organizing and follow-though. It attracts many students who never get to hear the gospel and they have fun while doing it. I gave a link in last month’s update, if you didn’t get a chance to read it you can click here.
- Knee Injury A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who sent donations for the surgery. My knee is getting better and is healing up quickly. I will be on crutches at least for a couple more weeks. I have posted a few things on our blog, click here for the latest.
- Youth Volleyball and Speed Soccer Tournaments For a whole week the students played volleyball and soccer. New Year’s Day was the finals. Not many youth came out from other towns, but more new faces from Cofradía participated. Congratulations to Pedro’s team who won in Volleyball and Riky’s team who won in Soccer. Click here for a more full report.
Follow these links for more..
Student Leadership Christmas Dinner
Youth Christmas Party
Latest Hardcopy Newsletter
Facebook—if you’re on Facebook, I’d love to get in touch with you!
This month, would you please pray for...
- Cy-Fair Christian Church Women’s Team The women in our church really enjoy having these women come down. They have made a great impact in the past, let’s pray for that to continue. (Jan. 9-16)
- A trip to the Mountains. A few of our youth are going up to the mountains to the Cora village of Cangrejo where they will be handing out Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. This is a great opportunity to reach that community and people group. Pray for safe travels and a warm welcome. (Jan. 29,30)
- Student Leadership Conference. Each year the youth pastors of Cy-Fair come to lead a conference with our youth and help prepare for the team of youth they will bring in March. We look forward to this time to hear from Pastors Mike and Dave. (Feb. 4-8)
- Worship Ministry. Please pray for a continued maturity in our worship band. I have poured my life into the student ministry and things are going very well. I would like to focus more attention to the band and help the leaders gain confidence and learn to depend on the Lord for leading. Please continue to pray for strong worship leaders. My goal is to have others leading quality true worship.
See how to partner with us and donate here.
Steve, Geña, Rebecka and Emma Rose Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico