GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Religious Association Status. We are still waiting for the government to respond and finalize our paperwork; the financial need is still at hand.
- Bible School. Thank you to those who have responded to the tuition sponsorship request. All the students who were in need have been covered! Graduation is June 19!
- Drug Rehab Center: Please keep this in prayer as Pastor Amado and his team continue to reach out to young people while they try to find a place to rent and/or land to buy.
- Internet. Thank you for your prayers! I found out this week that there is a new internet service to become available soon in our town. Today, I visited with the company who is bringing out the service. The man says that for us to have internet at the mission base that will serve our needs, we would need to purchase a tower and antenna ourselves. It is available! We need $1,000 dollars for the purchasing and installation of the tower and antenna. Our monthly cost will be less than what it is now and the service will be much faster and not limited like it is now (The service we have now limits us to a certain amount of use. If we go over, we lose service for 24 hours). We are excited about this opportunity! Please consider how you can help. This will help us with our communications with the Mexican IRS (Hacienda), Reporting, Updates, National and International Video calls (Facetime, Skype, etc). This is an incredible answer to prayer!! Click here to help us reach our goal of $1,000 dollars. Geña and I will be joining you as we give also.
- San Diego. We have not gone to San Diego because we’ve been told the leaders of the bible study have not returned and it looks like they do not have plans to do so. We still lift up San Diego for Jesus!
- Last Month’s Update
- Emma’s 10th Birthday Mini-RETO See a quick report and video of her birthday party here:
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors:
- EL RETO 2015:
- What is EL RETO:
- “Dwellings” candidates in Cofradia: Meet two families that are in need of a home:
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
- Religious Association Status. $2,000 USDollars. Donate here to help.
- Bible School. Graduation will be on June 19. Our friend, Francisco Jimenez from Oxnard, CA, will be our guest speaker and we look forward to this first generation of graduates. The next term begins July 5.
- Drug Rehab Center: Pray for Pastor Amado and his team as they continue to reach out to the community. There are so many people in need who seek him out for help. Pray for finances to purchase land; he will initially need $15,000 to $20,000 US dollars to purchase a piece of land (6 acres). In the meantime, he is looking into renting a house in town for those who are coming to him. If you would like to help him, please let me know.
- Civil Association: I feel like we took a few steps back this month. I was informed that we are obligated by law to open a bank account that allows us to pay taxes online through the bank’s internet page. Now we NEED to open an account. This will incur extra (unwanted, LOL) expenses of about $50 per month. There are no options for internet banking without fees. I have been working on this for three weeks now researching banks and trying to figure out what we’re supposed to do and have. Please continue to pray as my hair continues to fall out and turn a lighter color. :)
- Trip to the States: Pray for us as we head back to the border to turn in our truck permit. We will continue on to Washington for a few weeks then be back in Cofradia by the beginning of our youth outreach, EL RETO, which starts the last Saturday of August. We will be available to speak at your church, Sunday School class, home group, etc. We also would love to meet up with you for either lunch, dinner, or coffee. Respond to this email if you have time to visit.
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
--- JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---OPTION A---ONLINE:
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support at this link.
OPTION B---BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.