GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- Religious Association Status. We have completed a big chunk of the paperwork and sent it in to Mexico City last week. We need $2,000 to help with the cost.
- Bible School. Thank you to those who have responded to the need of the three students who have been unable to pay their tuition.
- Drug Rehab Center: The City Commissioners of Rosamorada have said there is no land available to donate towards this project. The Municipal President is still anxious to see this project get under way and is willing to help build the facilities. We’re just waiting for land. A while back, Pastor Amado was offered an abandoned movie theatre for roughly $40,000 US dollars, but there are no finances for the purchase. In the meantime, he and his wife have been treating and helping drug addicts from their home and attending funerals of young people. Just last week a young girl slit her wrists due to her addiction! These people are desperate for help.
- An Accountant: Keep praying for the Lord’s will to be done.
- Internet. Keep praying for the Lord’s will to be done.
- Date Night. What an excellent time! We enjoyed having Doug and Jan Taylor speaking for us. Click here to see a quick report with pictures.
- Church Anniversary Celebration. This Sunday, March 6th.
- Leaders. Continue to pray for leaders to be raised up in this area.
Here are some links to more:
- Last Month’s Update
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors
- EL RETO 2015
- What is EL RETO
- “Dwellings” candidates in Cofradia: Meet three families that are in need of a home.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Religious Association Status. Finances. We need $2,000 US Dollars in order for this to be accomplished. Please consider how you can help; click here to safely send a tax-deductible contribution online. Thank you.
- Bible School. Partner with us as we raise up leaders in rural Mexico. Graduation will be here before we know it and some of the students still have been unable to pay their tuition. Of the ten students currently eligible for graduation in June, three of them are coming up short: Hugo Diaz ($70), Mily Garzon ($240), and Angel Martinez “Niko” ($360). If you know one of these people and want to help, I can share with you instructions on where to pay. Or, if you’d like to help any of them in general, simply send a gift with a special note of “Cofradia Tuition” here.
- Drug Rehab Center: Pray for the Lord to open up doors for land or the opportunity for a building. Also, pray for the pastors to have wisdom as they serve these young people so desperately in need.
- An Accountant: We are in need of an accountant in Mexico to help us with our Civil and Religious Association finances. We have been working with one, but her availability is very limited. All receipts are done electronically through the internet which makes things very difficult for us in a location where the phone company does not want to install internet. Please pray that God would provide us with the right person or that our current accountant will be able to help us better understand what we need to do.
- Internet. Pray that a better system becomes available to us. We currently are using dial-up at home; at the mission base, we have a satellite system from the states through Hughesnet which is slow, limited, and expensive.
- Splash 2016: We’ll be hosting a mulit-church youth event this weekend with games and a message to continue creating a sense of unity amongst the churches in the region and reach out to new youth. Click here for more info.
- Church Anniversary Celebration. This Sunday, March 6, we will be celebrating 5 years since our inauguration of the building. Pray for the evangelistic opportunity that this brings.
- Mesa Team. A group of people from our local church plant, Centro Cristiano Cofradia, will be travelling up to La Mesa, Nayarit, to work with the Cora Indians for a week as they present the message of Jesus through a VBS-style camp for the children (March 13 – 18).
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
--- JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---
You can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift or set up to make monthly donations online at the link below.
ONLINE. Click here to donate to our personal support.
BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS. Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.