During the Christmas season, the word that spoke loud and clear to me was “Immanuel”--God with us! No matter what we may be going through, we can know and trust that the Lord is with us through every pain, sorrow, joy, and provision. He IS...with us.
2019 was a very different year for us as we started it with teams from Texas and Washington. Throughout the year we continued holding and leading Freedom in Christ conferences with the Discipleship series as well as the Grace series. These have made a huge impact on many people within our ministry and extended family of believers.
One of the accomplishments we are excited about is launching a Brick-making business in order for men to not have to leave town to find work; this will allow them to stay with their families all year. This year was also special for the Restoration Center as it became a legal entity in Mexico. In November, we welcomed another team from Utah and the ministry finished the year in preparation for three more teams to start 2020.
While these ministry events were not so “different” for us, what made this past year different was our temporary move to Washington for a one-year furlough. It has been over 16 years since we had an extended stay in the states, so this is very unfamiliar to us and especially the girls. With them in elementary, Jr. High, and High School (among other activities), it has been a challenge to keep up with the fast pace life of the United States. All the while, God is still speaking to us the very same message that he gave us back in April...”Listen”. We are learning what it looks like to trust God in different circumstances.
If I could sum up 2019 in three words, they would be “Listen, Trust, Immanuel”.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
In our last update, we asked you to please pray for...
- Short Term Missions Team in Cofradia. The Well Church from Utah is the team that we welcomed in November who built a house for the Solis Huizar family. Some really neat things happened as it was one of the more unique teams we’ve had. Click here to read a quick report and see a video of the House Build.
- Steve and Geña as we flew to Mexico to host the team while our girls stayed in Washington with their grandparents. We really enjoyed seeing everyone and accomplished a lot apart from the House Build.
- Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie as they stayed with their grandparents which was challenging at times, but good.
- The Grandparents as they ran the girls to and fro for school and other activities. This was probably the most challenging part. Thank you for your prayers (they thank you also).
- The Ministry in Cofradia to have fortified leadership skills, growing confidence, and disciplined direction. They are doing great!
Here are some links to more:
- Our last Update
- Pastors’ Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from our Pastors.
- Cofradía Dwellings Candidates: Let us know if you would like to put together a team or help a team that is signed up.
- Donation Links: Click here to see the different areas where you can contribute to this ministry.
- Quick Look into our Ministry:
Will you please pray for...
- Short Term Missions Teams in Cofradia. YWAM Mazatlan will be spending a week in January and we have two teams scheduled for the first couple of weeks of February from Utah and Washington. Pray for a special impact as they minister to people, build houses, and help with other projects. Pray for the local staff who will be hosting the teams as well as Lain Grant who will be helping us with the team from Utah and Jay TenBrink who will be helping with his home church form Washington. We will not be in Mexico while the teams are there.
- Rebecka as she takes on a heavier load in January with afternoon/evening classes of driver’s education on top of school work and a possible extra Sunday night Missions class at the church. She has been doing very well, but she has also been very, very busy. Please pray for her as she makes a decision on college this next year, too.
- Travelling to other cities and churches in the next few months as we prepare to return to Mexico in the summer. We want to touch base with those who partner with us and our ministry. This may be challenging as we work around the girls’ school schedule.
- Focus as we turn the corner of the halfway mark of our furlough. We will begin to focus on certain projects and aspects of the ministry in the next few months and ways we can help the people and community better. Please pray we are able to be led by the Spirit and not our own understanding.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
** JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM **
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our PERSONAL SUPPORT at this link.
MAIL IN A CHECK:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Indicate that it is for The Silbermans for our PERSONAL SUPPORT.