We have returned to the small town of Cofradía nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Madres in the Mexican state of Nayarit after a rough border crossing where we were charged duty tax of an unexplainable amount for the things in our vehicle?? There really was nothing we can do about it.
EL RETO 2016 has started! Click here to read the report and watch the video below.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- The final passport to be found. Thank you! As I mentioned above, we are no longer missing ANY passports!
- Religious Association Status. There has been a change in government officials which has delayed the process of the formation of the association. We are still in need of finances to get it running; our goal is $2,000 USDollars. Donate here to help.
- Drug Rehab Center. $3,000 has been raised! An anonymous donor has committed to match gifts up to $5,000 above the already raised $3,000! This will help us dig a huge chunk into the need! Please let me know if you are able to help out with the purchase of the land.
- Trip to the States. Thank you for your prayers. We had a great time in the states as we met a lot of new people and reunited with friends and family. It is always a blessing to see everyone!
- EL RETO 2016. The first week has passed and there are five more to go. See the link above for the report of the first week. There is still room to give; we are just over $500 short of our budgeted goal of $2,000. Click here to donate.
- Speaking in churches. We had a great time participating in six different churches this past few months and attending five others (three of which for the first time).
- Birthdays this month. Rebecka turned 14 (13th) and Mackenzie turned 4 (31st). Great girls; great time!
Here are some links to more:
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- Last Month’s Update
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- What is EL RETO?
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail.
- EL RETO. This is a huge window of opportunity for us to speak into the lives of young people with whom we normally would not come into contact. It is an opportunity to share with them God’s love! Follow it on Facebook.
- Religious Association Status. Speedy process and finances. Donate here to help.
- Drug Rehab Center. Please continue to pray for Pastor Amado and his team. Pray for protection over him, his family, his staff, and all of those involved. Let me know if you would like to help make a dent in the financial need he has.
- Missionaries, Lain and Kelly Grant as they have finished language school and will be integrating themselves full-time now here in Cofradia. Pray along with us and them for a child, finances, and the Lord’s leading. Click here to see their latest news.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
--- JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support by clicking here.
OPTION B---BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. On a separate note, indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Post a Comment