Greetings from Cofradía, Mexico! Another great season of EL RETO / “THE CHALLENGE” has passed with numerous young people being exposed to the love of God from various different churches and towns in our region; some for the very first time.
We are very grateful for all who prayed for these students involved in this event. Admission is free because of your donations. We were able to raise nearly $1,200 while in the states during the summer, $300 more of donations came in through Alternative Missions, and nearly $500 more came in through local donations and raffles here in Cofradía; some of those donors are former students who participated in past RETO’s! We pretty much reached our annual goal of $2,000!
We will be continuing to put together mini-RETOs throughout the year. Many pastors have the itch to do this in their towns including a Jr. High in Sinaloa. You can become a regular giver of EL RETO and help people all over Mexico hear the good news of Jesus! Here is a link to get started.
You can read reports and watch videos of each week on our ministry blog at the links below and browse the photo albums and see what the kids are saying on our facebook page.
GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD; HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!
Last month, we asked you to pray for...
- EL RETO. Thank you!
- Religious Association Status. We do not expect any news until December.
- Drug Rehab Center. Things are moving, but they are moving slowly. We are still trying to make a partial deposit for the land. The owner is out of town and it has been difficult to get the information we need. Please continue to pray for Pastor Amado and his team.
- Missionaries, Lain and Kelly Grant What a blessing the Grants are! We are so excited to have another couple here helping us run the base. Lain has been doing an excellent job repairing, cleaning, and maintaining the property as well as helping with writing the reports for EL RETO! He also takes time out for the young people that periodically show up wanting to shoot hoops. Kelly has jumped in helping with some of the financial books, started teaching English at the Jr. High, and is doing a great job of updating our list of candidates for House Builds.
Here are some links to more:
- The Well Church Short Term Missions Team: We just had a team come down from Utah to work in the afternoons with the children and help us with some sidewalks on the church property. Here is a quick report on their time.
- Last Month’s Update
- What is EL RETO?
- Pastoral Perspectives: Click here to read bi-annual reports from three of our Pastors.
- A Quick Look into our Ministry: A two minute clip of some of the activities and more.
- Cofradia’s Short-Term Missions Manual explains more of our mission in detail. Click on this link to check it out.
This month, will you please pray for...
- Drug Rehab Center. Please continue to pray for Pastor Amado and his team. Pray for protection over him, his family, his staff, and all of those involved. Let me know if you can help make a dent in the financial need he has in order to continue to purchase the land.
- House Build - Dwellings Team. We will be hosting a team of men next month that will be building a home for a very needy family. Pray for safety and an incredible evangelistic impact on this family.
- Sandy Garzon. Sandy has been on staff with us for the past five years and will be moving to Guadalajara at the end of November. Sandy was part of our youth group and worship band and eventually became one of our prominent Student Leaders. She joined our missionary staff as the Short-Term Missions Host while living on our mission base. She continued to minister with the student ministry and got involved in the church ministry with media, finances, Bible School secretary, and a number of other behind the scene tasks. She has done an excellent job and we will miss her. Please pray that the Lord would guide her in her new adventures in life.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
Thank you so much for being part of our team as we work together to RAISE UP LEADERS IN RURAL MEXICO!!!!
Steve, Geña, Rebecka, Emma, and Mackenzie Silberman
Missionaries to Mexico
Cofradia Area Director
--- JOIN OUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TEAM ---
Online, you can make a one-time, tax-deductible gift, or set up to make automatic monthly donations to our personal support here.
OPTION B---BY POSTAGE MAIL/CHECKS:
Send a check made out to Alternative Missions to Alternative Missions / PO Box 3107 / Ferndale, WA 98248. Please indicate that it is for The Silbermans.
Post a Comment